As with most Halcyon products, an immense amount of behind-the-scenes work is required to create a plate that we are proud to sell. Halcyon backplates have been refined over the years, to provide the highest-quality finish and materials available. Small details, like the unique bends near the bottom of the plate, create an ergonomic curve, increasing diver comfort. Meanwhile, our precise fabrication process ensures the quality you have come to expect from Halcyon. Each Halcyon backplate is made from the highest quality material, and sophisticated CNC machines mill every edge. This detailed process eliminates the sharp edges common with competitors’ plates. Machine polishing is augmented by individual handwork, perfecting both form and function.
- Constructed from high-grade carbon fiber
- Carefully milled surfaces eliminate sharp edges
- Compatible with any Halcyon BC component
- Standard-size plates are 15.5” X 10.25” (39.3cm x 26cm)
- Utility holes allow mating with Storage Pak to stow a variety of lift devices as well as the small Halcyon dry suit inflation kit
- Weight 1-lb