The SDI Divemaster Course is the first professional level certification. During the course you will learn how to work with divers, lead certified divers, and act as a dive guide showing divers underwater dive sites and the marine life that inhabits those dives sites. You will increase your knowledge about physics and physiology as well as increase your proficiency with your scuba and snorkeling skills. This course is for advanced divers interested in working in the dive industry as a professional dive guide or moving on to become an instructor
- Minimum age 18
- Certified SDI Advanced Adventure Diver or equivalent; advanced certification must include verifiable experience in deep, navigation, night, and limited visibility specialties
- Certified SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider
- Provided proof of at least 40 logged dives
* Note: CPR, first aid, and oxygen provider courses may be combined with the IDC Program by qualified instructors for an additional fee.
The SDI Divemaster Diver Course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- SDI standards and procedures
- History of SDI
- Code of ethics and professionalism of an SDI Divemaster
- Products and procedures
- Liability and insurance
- Knowledge Development
- Leadership development
This course fee includes e-learning, classroom instruction, confined water instruction, open water instruction, and certification with card.