The fees for this course include classroom instruction and in-water instruction.
For those who want to test the waters and try scuba, this is the course for you! The SDI Scuba Discovery Program gives you a glimpse of what you can expect to experience in the underwater world as well as what you could expect to learn in the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course. During this experience program, you will go through the basic safety procedures for enjoyable scuba diving under the watchful eye of an active SDI Instructor.
You will learn skills such as equalizing your ears, buddy checks, basic buoyancy control, underwater communication, and more. You will also be given an introduction to basic scuba equipment followed by an underwater tour in the local pool or aquatic environment.
This course if for those who:
- would like to experience the underwater world using scuba equipment.
- would like an introductory course to scuba diving prior to enrolling in the Open Water Scuba Diver course.
- Basic overview of physics/physiology and how it relates to diving
- The aquatic environment
- Scuba equipment assembly
- Underwater communications
- More about taking the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course