The SDI Rescue Diver Course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills to effectively perform diver rescues and assist and administer the necessary first aid in the event of an emergency. You will learn skills such as how to perform self rescues, buddy rescues, recognize and calm potential panic divers, administer proper first aid to divers that have experienced dive related injuries, conduct effective search patterns and manage accident scenes. After the SDI Rescue Diver Course you can enroll in the SDI Master Scuba Diver Development Program or start in the professional ranks and sign up for the SDI Divemaster Course.
Who this course is for:
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diver knowledge and skill set
- Any certified advanced adventure diver or advanced diver who would like to advance in dive training
- Anyone interested in becoming a dive leader
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen (O2) provider (where local law permits) certification*
- Provide proof of SDI Advanced Adventure Diver certification, or equivalent, or open water diver certification and 40 logged open water dives
* Note: CPR, first aid and oxygen provider courses may be combined with the rescue program by qualified instructors.for an additional fee.
What you can expect to learn:
The rescue certification course is designed to develop the knowledge and necessary skills for an individual to effectively perform diver rescues and assists, and administer necessary first aid.
- Prevention and causes of diving accidents
- Diving lifesaving
- Hyperbaric injuries and management
- Accident Management
- Ability to conduct rescues for divers in distress